The Wattle Festival  

Posted by Feral Beast in

Hello!

Sorry I couldn't write to you yesterday, I was at the Wattle Festival with Mum at Hurstbridge.
But I'll tell you about it.

The Wattle Festival is to celebrate Wattle Day, which is the first day of spring, it is to celebrate the Wattle plant, 'coz it's our national floral Emblem.

When we arrived there by train, we went to their Sunday Market that was apart of the festival.
First we went onto a Double Decker Bus that they had to take people around to the different parts.
After we had been on the Double Decker Bus we got off and went into an Op shop.
Because my Dad likes war machines, we got a WWII board game called "HIT THE BEACH".
Then we went on a Horse-drawn tram and we got to go on the top part, which was really fun coz we could see everything.
When we got off it at one of the fair grounds, we went to a Cafe and had "WATTLE-SEED ICECREAM."
And it was delicious and I liked it a LOT!
We went to heaps of different stalls and they had lots of displays of different things that were really fun.
Then after I had eaten it, Mum and I got some tickets for the Steam-train they had, and going on it was fun.
After that we had to go home, which was sad. :(
But when we went on the train to go home, I made friends with a little boy who was with his Mum and Aunties.
Mum also made friends with them, and he really liked "THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE", so I told him some stories about Thomas and his friends.
But when we got off at Flinders Street station, we had to go separate ways, and I was really sad to leave. :( 

I'll see ya tomorrow.

This entry was posted on Monday, September 1, 2008 at 3:10 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Anonymous  

Sounds like a great day FB. And you got a steam train ride. I am envious.

September 1, 2008 at 5:41 PM

Betcha didn't know that Thomas the Tank Engine island (i.e. the Isle of Sodor) is meant to be in the patch of ocean about two hundred yards in front of my house. It isn't actually there, of course, because it doesn't really exist...but that's where it's supposed to be according to the author.

September 2, 2008 at 4:42 AM
Anonymous  

Cool!

September 3, 2008 at 12:17 PM
Anonymous  

I'm envious too FB. There is nothing quite like a ride on a steam train. I love the sounds; the hissing and whistle blowing. It must have been great.

September 4, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Thanks, Beck.

Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah!

Yes I do, 'coz I read it in your book, Brian.

Thanks Oirishlad.

Thanks LID, it was great.

September 5, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Post a Comment