Train Congestion  

Posted by Feral Beast in

Hello, I have to make up for not writing yesterday, so here I am again writing to you "AGAIN" so you better like it or I'll get my dad on you.mrgreen Only joking, ha, he, haaa, hee, hee, ha.

I'm going to talk about Melbourne's crowded trains. Now I know there are a lot of old disused rail ways all over Victoria, so if there are lots of crowded trains, why doesn't the government open up all of those old rail ways so it lessens the over crowded trains?
What they could do is put more trains on those lines and extend them to new suburbs all over Melbourne. Even put more rail lines in little country towns and have them all connected together, and have them connected to the Melbourne train lines so all of Victoria is connected together.mad

In history, the people in the UK could not leave their villages until the train had been invented, which is the same case over here. We need to get the train lines connected to all of the country towns so they don't become ghost towns, because if they do we'll be losing a lot of our history.cry

The benefit of trains over cars is that cars create pollution and contribute to green houses gases, and trains don't create pollution.smile

So next time you have to fill up your car with petrol, just think, ''If I start using the train I could save thousands of dollars a year.'' So go on, if you use the train you can save heaps of money and get to your destination much faster.biggrin

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 11:32 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

"...the people in the UK could not leave their villages until the train had been invented."

Unfortunately it took another three years before the 'return ticket' was introduced. I'm glad to say that most of them have gone back home again now.

March 6, 2008 at 6:22 PM
Anonymous  

I like the way you headed here FB, but trains do create some pollution because the electricity they use is generated from brown coal power stations which pollute the atmosphere. But per person, it is not much. Your are right.

March 7, 2008 at 12:15 AM
Anonymous  

I agree. Trains are a far better option for everyone. They are also an excellent way to carry freight around the country.

I wish we could have back some of our closed train lines.

March 7, 2008 at 12:15 PM

Thanks Brian and anonymous, I always
thought I was right, but I guess I was wrong about that, I'm sorry if you read the comment I made before, I
really didn't mean to sound rude.
:(

March 7, 2008 at 12:20 PM

So do I LiD.
It would create work and people could visit towns wherever they wanted and spend money in towns to help keep businesses going.

March 7, 2008 at 12:23 PM

Post a Comment